COVID-19 Safe Plan + Changes In Place
Note for all passengers due to current social distancing regulations – Maximum and minimum passenger numbers could be altered to suit latest Queensland law.
Under normal operations the boat is thoroughly cleaned after each trip and equipment is carefully sterilised. Snorkel equipment is sanitised in disinfectant immediately after use. Following this, each mask and snorkel is cleaned individually by hand then all equipment is soaked overnight in disinfectant. Suits are soaked in disinfectant after each use. All catering equipment is washed and then rinsed in sanitiser after use.
Our COVID Safe Plan has brought in some changes to enhance these existing hygiene measures:
- Passengers and crew have their temperatures checked and recorded at the start of each day.
- Passengers will be given a questionnaire/declaration prior to boarding our vessel.
- Additional cleaning in place includes regularly wiping down communal areas with disinfectant during the day; areas such a hand-rails, doorknobs, surfaces etc.
- Crew and passengers should not come on a trip if they show any symptoms such as fever, cough, or sore throat. People may be requested to disembark before the trip starts if they demonstrate symptoms.
- Personal distancing is in place wherever possible on board. This includes limiting the passenger numbers and enabling spare seating between passengers.
- Hand cleanser is available around to boat and we encourage passengers and crew to use it.
- Food preparation and service has changed to avoid communal handling of tea and coffee and enable individual packaging and serving of food and drink.
- Personal Protective equipment is available for staff & guests.
- Please give us a call if you have any further questions.